This position is primarily responsible for rooming patients, preparing medical charts, prescription refills, and completing FMLA and/or disability paperwork for physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Room patients, including taking vitals, verifying medical history, and ensuring physician stays on time.
- Responsible for professional telephone interactions. Includes accurate communication with patients, pharmacies, and referring physician offices.
- Prepare patient charts for clinic.
- Call in prescriptions and prescription refills as needed.
- Complete FMLA and other disability paperwork in a timely manner.
- Send office notes to patient’s PCP or referring provider.
- Page physician when needed for hospital calls.
- Responsible for supporting Surgery Coordinator with scheduling as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One or more years’ experience as a medical assistant preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Assistant: 1 year