SUMMARY This position is primarily responsible for completing and documenting insurance verification for all patients, prior to being seen, for a multi-physician clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete insurance verification for office visits 48 hours prior to scheduled appointment. Includes correctly documenting patient copay, coinsurance, and/or deductible responsibility in patient management system.
- Responsible for professional telephone interactions. Includes accurate communication with patients and insurance carriers.
- Responsible for requesting referrals as needed for patient visits.
- Responsible for supporting other departments with building patients in patient management system, requests of information, and front desk operations as needed.
- Assist Surgery Coordinator with annual visit patient log.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One or more years’ experience in insurance verification process preferred.
- Medical billing experience a plus.