SUMMARY: This position is responsible for various revenue cycle activities for the practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter office and surgical charges and post payments in the practice management system in a professional and consistent manner
- Verify patient benefits and determine patient financial responsibility prior to rendering of services
- Work claim denials and submit appeals for denied claims as applicable
- Follow up on outstanding patient and insurance accounts receivable as assigned
- Set up payment plans with patients according to practice guidelines
- Place outbound telephone calls and accurately document all information pertaining to client’s account within practice management system
- Demonstrate attention to detail; achieve the determined production and quality expectations and goals
- Communicate timely and effectively with staff and management at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One or more years’ experience in medical billing required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, hospital operations and financial services preferred.
- Neurological surgery specialty experience a plus.
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Billing And Coding: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time