SUMMARY This position is responsible for various revenue cycle activities for the practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enter office and surgical charges and post payments in the practice management system in a professional and consistent manner.
- Verify patient benefits and determine patient financial responsibility prior to rendering of services.
- Work claim denials and submit appeals for denied claims as applicable.
- Follow up on outstanding patient and insurance accounts receivable as assigned.
- Set up payment plans with patients according to practice guidelines.
- Place outbound telephone calls and accurately document all information pertaining to client’s account within practice management system.
- Demonstrate attention to detail; achieve the determined production and quality expectations and goals.
- Communicate timely and effectively with staff and management at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One or more years’ experience in medical billing required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, hospital operations and financial services preferred.
- Neurological surgery specialty experience a plus.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Medical coding certification a plus.